Petition to Johor Speaker to investigate Johor water supply shortfalls
I have submitted a petition to Johor State Assembly Speaker to set up a Select Committee to investigate and provide solutions to Johor water supply shortfalls.
As an Anak Johor and an ordinary but patriotic taxpayer, I have submitted a petition to the Speaker of Johor State Legislative Assembly and suggested to form a Select Committee on Water Supply and Environment, among others:
- In view of the fact that Johor state government has made a loan of RM 700 million from the Federal Government in the 1990s, it is petitioned to set up a Select Committee to study the details as to how the loan was channeled.
- According the Auditor General’s Report 2017, the Johor State Government still owes the Federal Government RM 334.51 million of bad loan for the SAJ water supply upgrading projects for the past 25 years. Nonetheless, SAJ’s assets worth RM 3.0 billion were sold to PAAB for RM 4.0 billion. Where has the excess of RM 1.0 billion been channeled for the settlement of the debt owed to the Federal Government?
- The said Select Committee should investigate as to why Ranhill SAJ Sdn. Bhd. has not paid any dividends to Johor State Governemnt for its investment in the Company between 2013 and 2017?
- To investigate as to why many water catchment areas including Semborong Dam have not been gazetted officially as protected zones?
- To also investigate the weaknesses in the Johor water asset management system that has caused Ranhill SAJ Sdn. Bhd. non-revenue water loss of as much as 24.12% in 2018 and suggest the betterment of its management system.
Media statement by Dr. Boo Cheng Hau in Johor Bahru on Sunday, 10th March 2019